There are a great many well-researched happiness interventions; however none has greater scientific backing than regular mindfulness practices. “Mindfulness” is really a re-branding of the ancient practice of meditation.
This short video, from Big Think, makes an exceptional case for learning a practice of your own.
Meditation has a list of benefits unlike any other health intervention ever invented, including:
- Greater calm and resilience from stress
- Improved clarity of thinking, including perceiving more problem-solving options
- Improved immune response—fewer colds and flus
- Reduced heart rate
- Better pain management
- Better sleep
- Enhanced sexual function
- Reduced depressive symptoms
- Lowered anxiety
- Improved working memory
- Elongation of sustained task focus
- Improved emotional regulation
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Reduced distractibility
- Quicker recovery from physical and emotional trauma
- Improved interpersonal relationships—greater empathy and compassion
- Faster mental processing
Is it time for you, and your team, to learn to meditate? Call us. We can help.